Sunday, February 22, 2015

Clinique Haul & GWP

So I am a self-confessed sucker for the Gift With Purchase, especially those that are usually run by Clinique so last week I couldn't help but give myself a little treat by purchasing something that I really did NEED (I truly did!) just so that I could get their latest GWP.

First up I decided to buy myself some of their Youth Surge Night Moisturiser as I had actually run out of my last night cream. I haven't tried this one before so I'm hoping for good things.

Also, because I placed my order online I was entitled to two little bonus extras with my order. I chose to get the mini-lipstick in Runway Coral and the Liquid Facial Soap.


The Runway Coral lipstick is a shade I have been wanting literally forever so I was so excited to be able to get the mini version as a bonus. It is such a pretty and flattering coral shade that I can tell I am going to get a lot of wear out of.


Now, on to the gift with purchase! Overall I am pretty happy with what was included in it this time around and will definitely be getting use out of everything.

The cosmetic bag is what really caught my eye at first. I just think that the love heart pattern is so sweet and cute and it's a nice size for overnight trips.
 
 The products included were as follows:
* Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser - 30 ml
* Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion - 30 ml
* Colour Compact with an Eyeshadow Duo in Strawberry Fudge plus a Blushing Blush Powder Blush in Bashful Blush.
* High Impact Curling Mascara mini in Black
* Chubby Stick Baby Tint mini in Poppin' Poppy
* Clinique Happy Heart Perfume Spray - 4 ml

The eyeshadow and blush compact is really cute and contains shades that will be great for everyday wear.

My only small disappointment is with the Chubby Stick Baby Tint as I hadn't tried one of these before and was really surprised at how little colour payoff you get with them. The shade in the GWP was Poppin' Poppy and it is practically a clear balm with the teeniest hint of a peachy shine. I tried really hard to photograph it below and had to wait until I could get a bit of sun shining directly onto the swatch before it would show up at all. Even then it's very hard to see anything except a bit of shine on my arm.


Overall though I am very happy with my little haul and can't wait to play with all the new goodies.

Is anyone else a sucker for the GWP like me? Are there any other good ones going on right now that I should (or probably shouldn't!) know about?

Have a great weekend!

Michelle xx 

2 comments:

  1. I also love the gifts with purchase as you can sample the products without buying the full size to see if it suits your skin. I have picked up some great gifts over the years with Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden etc. Clinique usually have really good ones too. In my last Elizabeth Arden one - it had a dark misty pink lipstick that I don't wear so I gave it to my daughter in law and she really loves it and it suits her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten a few good ones from Elizabeth Arden over the years too. I remember I got a small eyeshadow, lip gloss and blush palette in one from them once that I practically used to death because I loved the shades so much!

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...