Friday, April 25, 2014

I've Gotten on the Popbasic Train!

So you may or may not have heard about the style subscription service called Popbasic.

Popbasic claims you can 'Create your style one micro collection at a time'. They design limited edition, high quality basics and trend pieces that you can order as soon as they are released. It's based around collections that you can sign up to be notified of when the next release is coming and what it will consist of and the majority of them seem to be under US$100.


I originally got sucked into checking out Popbasic after reading a post on Tine's website Beautyholics Anonymous here. I am totally hopeless when it comes to buying clothes and matching outfits (but have enough shoes to fill a room!) so this greatly appealed to me as a way to try and build up my pathetic wardrobe with pieces that I could get a lot of use out of and match to my shoes :-)

What I also loved about Popbasic is that you aren't locked into purchasing anything. You have to sign up for each collection as they are released to receive it so if there is one that you don't really like, you don't have to purchase it. 

The first collection I purchased was the latest one which is their Ashbury collection. It consisted of a basic black tank top, a black vegan leather skirt and a sparkly necklace. I didn't think I could go wrong with basic black items and could see a number of ways to mix and match these pieces with others I already own.

In all my excitement to get to my items when they arrived I totally forgot to photograph the unboxing (and have since worn all of the items) but the ones I received are those below (taken from the Popbasic website):

Basic Black Tank

Ashbury Vegan Leather Skirt

Gwyn Collar Necklace

Also, I did my best to estimate my size by getting out the tape measure and matching my measurements as accurately I could with those listed on the website. The black tank ended up being a little bit larger than I would have liked but it's still easily wearable and the skirt fit perfectly. I definitely recommend taking the time to match your measurements before buying any clothing online as every item is sized differently and it saves a lot of heartace in the end!

I also received a little added bonus of a Demeter fragrance in the scent Clean Skin which got me so excited you would not believe it! I've lusted after buying one of their fragrances for such a long time but was always a little freaked out at whether they were just too weird but the Clean Skin one I received it so subtle and pretty. It's one I will wear on casual days when i don't want a strong scent but still need a little pick-me-up.


It pays to note that their website also contains a few style guides to give you some inspiration on how to wear your new pieces which I love.

I can't wait to see what the next collection will bring! I'm so disappointed that I missed out on the Green Maxi skirt in the Sherwood collection though. That item is something I would have loved to have in my wardrobe!

As a little bonus to anyone who is thinking of trying out Popbasic, you can get $15 credit off your next purchase by clicking here.


I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Michelle xx
  


2 comments:

  1. Oooh how did the skirt go? I didn't get the Ashbury collection as I was afraid the cutting of the skirt would make my hips look like a balloon. Does it look good in real life? I heard that the next collection that's coming out in May will be a good one. ;) *wink wink nudge nudge*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a full skirt but I find it really comfortable (and I am pretty curvy and ordered the Extra Large size). I probably would have preferred it not to have the elastic waist but that's only a very small complaint.
      I can't wait to see what comes out in May!

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...