Sunday, March 23, 2014

L'Oreal Shine Caresse Lip Colour in 501: Bonnie






So I know that these have been out for a while now but I only recently decided to bite the bullet and get myself one. I have seen so many different reviews about these that are both positive and negative but last time I was out I couldn't help but have a bit of a swatch-fest and just buy one.





I ended up getting shade No. 501 Bonnie as it's a shade that I normally don't lean towards. I have so many pink shades at home that for once I went a bit out of my comfort zone and tried something different in this peachy shade.





Surprisingly I have found this shade very versatile and it goes so well with a very minimum makeup look on days when I don't have time to do much or am just not feeling like putting too much colour on my face. It gives off such a lovely shine when applied and this is one thing that I really do love.

Here is a little bit about the Shine Caresse lip colours from the L'Oreal website:

'The next generation lip colour, that combines the texture & shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain. Delivering a lasting colour with a subtle glossy shine. 

The unique formula comprised of 30% water and 60% oil provides an exceptionally high level of moisture, allowing for 6hr hydration.
Concentrated soluble colour pigments create a subtle wet look with a weightless feeling on lips.'


I find this gloss is very sticky to start with when it's first applied but it does dry fairly fast and not leave too much of a sticky residue once that happens. It feels quite comfortable on the lips which really surprises me as my poor lips and stain products normally don't get along very well as I always find them too drying. I don't seem to have this problem with the Shine Caresse gloss which is great.

It has a very fruity scent that reminds me a bit like boiled lollies but it doesn't seem to have much of a taste that I can detect. The doe-foot applicator is a very convenient shape to apply the gloss but I usually wipe off quite a bit of product before applying or it can get a bit messy and difficult to spread around evenly before it starts to set.

L'Oreal Shine Caresse in No. 501: Bonnie - with flash

L'Oreal Shine Caresse in No. 501: Bonnie - without flash
The only problem I sometimes have with this lip product is that it tends to wear off the centre of my lips in a short amount of time and I find I can get a bit of a ring around my lips because of the stain component. I am a bit of a lip licker though when I am thinking alot so this might not be an issue for most people.





Overall I am really happy that I decided to try one of these for myself and will most likely pick up one in another shade next time I am out and about.
 
Has anyone else tried one of these yet? I'd love to know what other shade I should try next.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Michelle xx

2 comments:

  1. The colour really suits you! I like it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ty. It's not a shade that I would normally wear but I've really grown to like it too :-)

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...