Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January Bellabox

I received the January Bellabox yesterday and was happy to see that it was focusing on Australian beauty brands this time around. I love finding new products from Australian brands as it's always good to support our own economy.

Here's what was in the January box:


1) Plunkett's 99% Pure Aloe Vera Cooling Gel (20gm, RRP $2.99) - I love using Aloe Vera gel in summer as a cooling and refreshing moisture boost for the skin. I'll be interested to see how this one stacks up.

2) Swisse Body Wash with Vitamin B3 and Macrobiotic Sea Minerals (30ml sample, RRP $14.95 for 250ml) - Well that sure is a mouthful and a half of a name. I've liked all of the Swisse products I've tried in the past so am looking forward to trying this one too.

3) Natio Pure Mineral Skin Perfecting BB Cream (5gm sample, RRP $14.95 for 50gm) - Yet, another BB Cream hits the market. Seriously, how many of these are there now?? This is something that I'll have to try when I know I'm not leaving the house because I received it in the shade Medium which will most likely be way too dark for my skin tone.

4) Ibeauty Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Hummingbird and Foxy (1gm sample, RRP $7.50 for full size single colour) - These shadows are so cute but I wish the packaging was a little more practical even though it is a sample pack. I'm not really sure which shade is which as they are not labelled separately but one is a really pretty shimmery pale blue and the other is a shimmery brown. They both seem to be fairly pigmented as far as I can tell from an initial swipe.

5) NS-8 Heel Balm Complex (50ml sample, RRP $11.45 for 60mls) - This is certainly something that will get a lot of use as this time of year means lots of thongs and sandals on the feet. I'm interested to see how well this actually works on dry feet.

I'm happy there was a makeup item in there this time even though it's a brand I've never heard of before but everything else is a little bit underwhelming. It will all certainly get used though, even if the BB Cream will have to be worn behind closed doors.

So, what do you think of the January box?

Michelle xx

1 comment:

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...