Thursday, December 13, 2012

New Mascara Love - Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara

I have to admit it. I'm a bit of a mascara hoarder and even if I don't do any other form of makeup on my face I refuse to leave the house without mascara on. I find that it just opens up the eyes and makes me look more awake, especially since I have quite small eyes.

Funnily enough, even though I have a secret obsession with mascara, this is the first one I think that I have ever actually reviewed properly on this blog. I really don't know why but will try and start to rectify that issue from this point on.

This brings me to my current mascara obsession, my Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara. I have received two of these over the past year in one monthly subscrption box or another and only just realised a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't yet tried either of them. Now that I've finally cracked one open I am so stoked that I have two because this is one of the best mascaras that I have ever used!



What the product claims:
'Bobbi's new gold standard for ultra-long, perfectly separated lashes. It's all about how the brush and formula work together: The bristles interlock with lashes like a zipper, so each individual lash is coated with rich, deep colour from root to tip. It's also curved to lift each hair like an eyelash curler. And since the formula contains elastic ingredients, it stays flexible between coats and won't flake.'



This is actually one of the most unusual mascara brushes that I have used before. It's very thin, which I love, and has very fine, stiff, rubber like teeth that grip your lashes like nothing else to give them a full coat in just one or two swipes.

In the below pictures I show a comparison between my lashes pre-mascara application and post with just one coat:

 
As you can see, the difference is astounding! The rubber bristles seperate and define each lash so well and never clumps or looks spider-webby (a pet hate of mine).
 
I have also tested this mascara in some extreme temperatures (think 37 degree day spent outside at a friend's birthday in the mountains where there was no air and it HAD to have been at least 5 degrees hotter underneath the god-awful BBQ area we were all cramped into!!) I can proudly say that there was not a lash out of place and not the slightest bit of droop or black making it's way down my face after a good few hours. Had I been wearing another mascara (I'm looking at you Lancome Hypnose!!) I'm sure I would have had terrible black splotches underneath the eye area in such an extreme test.
 
All in all I'm totally in love with this mascara and plan to use it almost exclusively during summer, especially when it's going to be a hot day.
 
Are there any other awesome mascaras you have been loving lately that I should know about?
 
Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...