Saturday, June 2, 2012

Review - Model Co Shine Ultra Lipgloss in Showgirl Red

Don't you hate it when something really excites you and then doesn't come anywhere near meeting your expectations?

Well, that's how I felt about this Model Co Ultra Shine Lipgloss in Showgirl Red.


I received this gloss in a monthly sample box last month and got very excited. I'd heard such good things about this brand before and the gloss colour looked so pretty. I also loved the little touch of the mirror on the side as that is such a handy addition that every gloss or lipstick company should look into adopting.

But, that was where my excitement took a big nosedive. When I opened it up to test it out I found out that even though it looks so bright in the tube, the colour is almost non-existent when you try to apply it. There is only the slightest pink tinge to this gloss which really doesn't do it for me. I like my glosses to actually have a decent amount of colour, if I don't want colour I'll use a lip balm.


The above swatch is after about 10 layers of the gloss is applied VERY thickly. I've tried to show the actual colour of it by doing this but if you apply only one layer it's barely visible on the lips.

Don't even get me started on the fact that this gloss is called Showgirl Red when it is quite clearly pink. There is no way this colour even borders on being red.

Of course if you're a fan of a 'barely there' gloss look then this product would be perfect for you. But, if you're like me and like your glosses with a bit more oomph then you may be disappointed as with this one as I was.

Has anyone else tried any other shades in this range? Did I just get a dud tube?

Michelle xx

2 comments:

  1. Such a shame about the lipgloss :( It does look very pretty swatched so heavily though. But I must agree with you, I prefer my lipglosses packed with colour, I mean you can always use tinted lipbalms for slight amounts of a colour, but a gloss (especially one that's called Showgirl Red) should be pigmented and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm the same as you! If I want just a sheer tiny bit of colour, I'll use a tinted lip balm.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...