Sunday, April 15, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick - True Red


So, for some reason while we were our grocery shopping the other day I decided that I just had to have another red lipstick. Don't ask me why, but I did. Red is probably the lip colour that I wear the least because with my pale skin and red/brown hair I feel that it just doesn't suit me for some reason. I always aboslutely adore the colour when someone else wears it and get a bit of 'red lip envy' and today I decided I wanted to have a reason to be more brave with this colour.

Enter Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in True Red. After swatching about 30 (this is NOT an exaggeration) red lipsticks in Priceline today while the wonderful hubby thought he was in heaven with a free pass to go an explore JB Hi Fi on his own, I finally settled on True Red.

To me it's exactly what the name suggest, a definite true red. It's certainly not a red that won't get noticed and it doesn't border on any plum, maroon or coral shades either. It's a bright, blue based red which also has the added bonus of making my teeth look super duper white. Gotta love that!

The formula is so surprisingly creamy too. I don't even realise I have this lipstick on as it tends to just blend onto the lips magically and doesn't go dry at all as it wears away. It's got great pigment and can be built up from a subtle red tint to being a full-on raving red pout. It tends to leave a slight red tint on the lips too as it wears away which I don't mind.



As you can see I suffer from annoying fine lines around my mouth ( I must pout too much in my sleep or something) and I'm always scared to wear ultra bright lip colours due to the bleeding I can get around my lips if it's not a top-notch formula. I must say that I don't notice any bleeding into the lip lines at all with this lipstick which makes me want to go and buy every colour made.

Now, I just have to convince hubby to take me out to dinner a bit more so I can get some use out of this baby. I'm certainly not brave enough to just wear it out and about (although I really wish I was!)

So, what's your favourite red lipstick?

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...