Sunday, April 1, 2012

FOTF - My New Way To Save Time and Use Up My Makeup

Yes, I have coined a new term which I like to call FOTF - Face of the Fortnight! This is my new way to start being fair to my makeup (because makeup has feelings too!) and to have an honest attempt at using some products up that can normally sit in my makeup boxes for long periods of time without seeing the light of day.

Every second Sunday for the past few weeks I have started picking out a small selection of items to use solely for the coming fortnight. I have chosen to use a fortnight as my time frame seeings as I only work two days a week at the moment and will go out maybe only once or twice a week other than that (the joys of having a small bub!) so changing it on a weekly basis wouldn't really have given the products much use overall.

As an added bonus I have found that doing this has meant that I have cut out so much time when getting ready as I don't just stand and stare at my makeup collection for 10 minutes wondering what to use and can just grab from the small selection instead.

So, here is the selection that I will be choosing from for the next fortnight:




Face:
* Loreal Infallible Foundation in Creamy Natural
* Savoir Faire Concealer (I forgot to include this in the photo but you can see a picture of this here)
* Australis Pressed Powder in Natural
* Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Bronzing Powder in Pure Shimmer

Blush
* Philosophy Lit From Within Cream Blush in Look on the Bright Side (This is such a gorgeous blush that I will posting a review on soon)

Eyes
* Calvin Klein Intense Eyeshadow in Gold Lame - A gorgeous golden shade that just goes with everything
* Chi Chi Eye Shadow in Part Time Lover - A pretty pale beige shade with a hint of shimmer
* Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow in Lucky Penny - A deeper beige bordering on bronze
* Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black
* Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes in Chocolate Lustre
* Savvy by DB Automatic Eyeliner in Jade (I love this eyeliner and have another in Gold which I will be reviewing properly soon)

Lips
* Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Lip Liner in Chique
* Clinique High Impact Lipstick in Peach Pop
* Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Sunset

Wow, after writing those down I realise that I have kind of gone with a bit of a Clinique them which was totally unintentional.

I know this probably seems extremely limited to some but I'm a bit of a routine freak so actually get excited at the thought of having a set look to go with without needing to think about it at all. I know, I'm weird!

Has anyone else ever gone to such extremes just to start using their stash up or purely to save time? I'd love to know if you have :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...