Monday, February 13, 2012

February GlossyBox - Special Valentine's Day theme

My February GlossyBox came while we were also away and I had to go to the post office today and pick it up. I was hoping with all fingers crossed that this box would impress me as they made so much hype over the February box and how it was going to be a special Valentine's Day themed box, but, I'm sorry to say that it just didn't deliver in my opinion.

Here is what was in the February box:


1) Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara in Black (3ml sample size, RRP $48.00 for 6ml) - This mascara apparently helps make your lashes ultra long and separated. I have about a thousand mascaras now so will be waiting a while to try this one as I don't want to have another one open at the same time that will potentially dry out.

2) Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner (5ml sample, RRP $54.00 for 124ml) - This tan sample is teeny! I don't know what on earth I can use it on as I don't think it will even cover one of my shins let alone both legs or arms. Maybe I'll work up the courage to try it on my face one day although I despise seeing women who have a very noticeable orange face from being fake tanned. Seriously, can anyone get a decent application of fake tanner with a sample this small??

3) Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash (60ml, RRP $39.95 for 475ml) - This is to clear up skin when it's acting up or for a deep cleanse. Works to penetrate pores and get rid of breakouts. I just can't use anything from Proactiv as it makes my skin go all red and super sensitive and quite painful. I tried their three step system a few years ago and was in agony after a couple of weeks. I might see if my husband wants to use this as a body cleanser for when he gets small breakouts on his back as I am just way too scared to put this anywhere near my skin.

4) Star and Rose Floral Wonderland Emergency Nail Files (12 x small files, no RRP) - These are cute and I will be throwing them in my handbag. That's pretty much all I can say about them I guess.

5) Polished London Nail Enamel in Fushcia (Full size 10ml, RRP $7.99) - This is probably my favourite product out of the box this month and the only one I will get any real use out of in the short term. It's a pretty dark pinky purple and this polish claims to dry fast and last a long time. I haven't personally tried Polished London polishes before but I've heard good things about them so can't wait to try this one out.

There were also some Love Hearts lollies, an offer to get $20 off the Proactiv system, an offer to get $15 off an Active Skin order over $75 and a complimentary makeup application at your nearest Bobbi Brown Studio. None of these I will use.

Overall, the Valentine's Day theme was a bit lost on me. Ok, it was a neon pink box but I can't see how a Proactiv cleanser and some nail files are Valentine's Day related. I was really hoping for maybe a pretty makeup product (maybe some lipstick/gloss or blush/eyeshadow) that you could wear out for Valentine's Day but no such thing.

As of today I have unsubscribed to GlossyBox and am thinking of possible trying Beauty Basket or I Love This Box next instead. I have just been disappointed pretty much every month with GlossyBox as they talk themselves up so much throughout the month but just never seem to deliver at the end. The only think that was good this month was that the box came nice and early for once rather than at the end of the month.

What does everyone think? Am I being too harsh? Does anyone else really love their GlossyBox for reasons that may be lost on me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...