Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review - Sun Sense Moisturising Face Lotion

A few weeks ago I was in the market for a new face moisturiser containing an SPF and I decided to pick this one up and give it a go as I hadn't tried it before.


This moisturiser has an SPF 30+, very high UVA & UVB protection, is supposed to be ideal for normal and dry skin, is dermatologically tested and free of fragrance, PABA and lanolin.

Now, I was hoping with all fingers and toes crossed that this wasn't going to just feel and smell like a sunscreen and be more of a moisturiser instead. Well, all my hopes were dashed as soon as I used it for the first time.

Unfortunately, even though it claims to be fragrance free, it's got that chemical sunscreen smell that I just can't stand on my face. Also, even though it feels like a really nice lightweight lotion when applying it ends up drying to be a sticky, greasy mess on my skin. I don't think there's anything worse than feeling as if every bug or bit of dust is going to just catch on your skin like some of that fly paper you can get because it's so tacky.

I've tried persevering with this lotion to see if it feels different depending on how much I apply or in different weather conditions but I have to say that I just don't like it.

When I've tried applying my makeup over the top I just feel as if I've got a mask on my face that will slide off at any given moment. Therefore, I would definitely not recommend it as a base for makeup.

I guess it's a good moisturing sunscreen for if you were going to the beach or were going to be out in the elements a lot for a day and wanted something that applied a bit lighter than a normal sunscreen, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it as an everyday moisturiser. It's very obvious that this product's first priority is as a sunscreen and then as a moisturiser second.

Has anyone else every used this product? If so, what did you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Michelle,
    thank you very much for independently reviewing one of our Ego Pharmaceuticals products. Ego Pharmaceuticals is a family owned and made company; we make many dermatological ranges including the SunSense range. We are extremely proud of all of our Australian made products and we love bloggers such as yourself trialling our products.
    We are very sorry to hear your experience with this product didn’t meet your expectations. You suggested correctly that this product is primarily formulated as a sunscreen to use on the face. Perhaps you were actually after a high quality moisturiser that incorporates an SPF? Ego Pharmaceuticals manufactures many such products, including QV Face Moisturising Day Cream SPF 30+ and Elucent Anti-Aging Day Moisturiser SPF 30+.
    Thank you again for purchasing a SunSense product, and for taking the time to review it and share your experience with your followers. We appreciate all feedback and do take on board all comments and suggestions we receive.
    Kind regards
    The SunSense Team at Ego Pharmaceuticals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear SunSense Team,
      I have always loved the QV range and have been a huge fan of pretty much every product from that range I have tried (especially the bath oil which my baby also loves). I must admit I haven't had the chance to try the QV Face Moisturising Day Cream that you have suggested or the Elucent Moisturiser so will definitely keep these on my 'to try' list for the future.
      Thanks, Michelle.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...