Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mini Revlon Haul

Yet again I got sucked in by Ozsale the other week when they had a sale on all Revlon cosmetics. I just couldn't resist. They had nail polishes going for $3.00 and lipsticks for $3.50 as well as lots of other products majorly discounted.

Here is what I ended up getting:


* Foundation brush - I think this was about $7.00

* Scented Nail enamel in Mint Fizz (a pretty glittery royal blue) - This is supposed to smell minty but I can't seem to get that scent over the normal nail polish smell.

* Top Speed Nail Enamel in Wind Fall (a pretty green bordering on almost being a pale aqua); and

* Colourstay Soft and Smooth Lipstick in Plush Pink - I haven't tried one of the colourstay lip colours before as I've kind of stayed away from this range after having a bad experience with the foundation but for $3.50 I couldn't resist giving this a go. This colour is a soft pink with a little bit of shimmer but not so much that it's overpowering. If this formula ends up being good I think this will be a colour I'll reach for regularly as it will go with a lot of different looks. I'll review it later on once I've been able to get a good feel for it. See a swatch of this lipstick below:


Oh well, that's my latest mini haul. I can't wait to try these polishes as I just love the colours and I hope they look as nice on the nail as they do in the bottle. I'm also a bit of a novice when it comes to using a foundation brush and have been a sponge or finger application girl for most of my life when it comes to my foundation so I'm looking forward to trying out this brush and seeing if I can get a nicer coverage with it.

Has anyone tried any of these products before?

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I got sucked in by the same Oz Sale too. Spent $50,mostly on polish, then got an email saying a few of the shades I bought weren't available :( Mine are being delivered to my work, hopefully they are in by tomorrow!
    Wind Fall looks nice, pretty sure I ordered it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I get sucked into them quite often. They are only worthwhile though if you get a few things so the postage doesn't cancel out any discount.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...