Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October Beauty Box Has Arrived!

After the day I had at work yesterday it was nice to come home to a little present waiting for me in the form of the October Beauty Box.

Again it was a bright pink cardboard box and inside was another one of their signature black boxes with the pink bow with the description card telling you all about the products that were sent. Truthfully, I don't know how many of these black boxes I'm going to want hanging around the house soon. These boxes seem a little bit of a waste of packaging to me as they can only have so many uses, but the novelty of them is still nice.

Anyway, this is how the contents looked once I opened the box:


And then when taken out of the box:


This month I got the following:

* Biotherm Aquasource Moisturiser - Apparently this is an intense moisturiser for normal and combination skin. The only other Biotherm product I have used is the Softening Exfoliator for the body which I just love so it will be nice to try this moisturiser to see what another one of their products are like.

* John Frieda - Full Repair Full Body Shampoo & Conditioner - This claims to be a complete hair repair line with lightweight Inca Inchi oil that weightlessly repairs the look and feel of overworked hair. I'll be interested in trying this as I have very fine hair with no body at all so if this actually does what it claims I will hopefully notice.

* Shiseido Sheer Matifying Compact Foundation in Natural Fair Ivory - This is apparently a creamy-type foundation that provides optimal coverage and highly translucent sheen. It claims to help minimize the visibility of pores and subtly covers fine lines and imperfections. I was glad to get the Natural Fair Ivory in this product (not sure if there were different shades given to anyone else) as I am quite fair skinned and it is rare for me to get a foundation sample that I can actually use.

* Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days - This moisturiser claims to give intense hydration for 7 days. I'm not that excited about receiving these samples as I've been personally using this moisturiser for ages anyway so I might just keep these ones for use when we go away overnight or something as they are a good size to put in a toiletries bag.

* Calvin Klein Fragrance in CK One Shock for Her & Him - The description of this fragrance says it is edgy, sexy and impulsive. CK One Shock for Her is a sensual floriental fragrance and CK One Shock for Him is a bold oriental fragrance. I quite like the smell of the male one but am not too fussed on the female one yet. It may grow on me though.

So there you have it. I must admit I'm still not that impressed overall with the Beauty Box contents compared to the two Lust Have It boxes I've received so far. I think I might end up cancelling my subscription this month as I can see a point where I will start to experience a bit of 'Sample Overload' soon anyway if I continue with subscribing to both.

Beauty Box seem to have toned down their request for you to review the products this month too. I'm guessing the uproar that was caused last month with some members getting a bit offended at the thought that they 'had to' review was noted and they have changed their approach by saying it will 'help them better meet your individual needs' if you review.

Does anyone have any opinions on the products received with this month's box or did you maybe receive different products in yours??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...